Adveco Ltd., trading as A.O. Smith Water Heaters, has been a supplier of building services mainline equipment for over 45 years in the UK and has a primary focus on commercial hot water and renewable systems. Adveco is now the 2nd largest heating company in the UK and has grown its turnover during 9 of the last 10 years, including by 18% in 2017, by offering something different from the competition. Adveco is the only water heater company in the UK to employ an applications engineering department to offer customers a bespoke design service to fully integrate water heaters, boilers, CHP, solar thermal, thermal storage and controls from a range of high quality European and American manufacturers.
Adveco’s core products are A.O. Smith gas fired water heaters and TOTEM combined heat and power machines. For both products, Adveco is the sole importer and provide not only sales and applications design, but also after-sales service and warranty support. These products are combined with supporting products such as thermal stores and hot water cylinders produced to their own design.
Adveco Ltd. is a continually growing and developing company, and is frequently searching for new applicants across many areas of its business. Available vacancies may be listed below.
Graduate Applications Engineer
Adveco invites prospective candidates to apply for the position of Graduate Applications Engineer, to join the Applications Design team based at the company head office in Farnborough, Hampshire. The position offers on-the-job training in addition to valuable application design experience in an established and highly respected company.
The Graduate Applications Engineer will be responsible for supporting the Adveco sales team by assisting with project design work as well as providing supporting technical information and customer assistance. The position focuses on delivering a professional service in terms of accuracy, promptness, and attitude.
The application engineering department is tasked with gaining an understanding of a customer’s requirements before choosing a solution from the available range of products, and designing integrated systems in a way that the system works together and is easy to control. Designs put forward to the customer from the applications department include Bills of Materials, CAD schematics, design verification documents, and technical submittals.
The candidate will be working, and constantly in communication with, fellow Applications Engineers and technical staff. The position requires daily contact with sales personnel, customers, and service engineers.
Role & Responsibilities:
- Application sizing and selection of commercial heating and hot water systems
- Production of product troubleshooting information and technical support literature
- Production of 2D CAD system schematics and wiring diagrams
- Provision of technical support to clients and colleagues by telephone, email, etc. in a timely manner
- Liaising with colleagues to identify and carry out improvements to existing procedures and support
- Degree in Building Services Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, or equivalent
- Must have a strong attention to detail and be personable, individually motivated, professional, conscientious, and eager to learn
- Must possess good interpersonal and communication skills
- Must possess strong computer literacy including demonstrable ability in Excel and CAD
- Must have hands-on experience with hand tools and simple power tools.
- Experience with Revit BIM software is desirable
How to Apply
Interested candidates should submit their application, including CV and covering letter, to Bill Sinclair using the contact details provided above.
Sales and Marketing Associate
Adveco invites interested candidates to apply for the position of Sales and Marketing Associate, to assume a leading role in a Marketing department based at the company head office in Farnborough, Hampshire. The position offers a fantastic opportunity to build marketing experience and develop a professional portfolio while working with an established and highly respected company in the building services industry.
The position focuses on taking the initiative to pursue marketing opportunities and further develop the company brand by presenting a friendly and professional image. The successful candidate should be a keen individual with an interest in the industry and a passion for marketing and communication.
The Sales and Marketing Associate will additionally be responsible for supporting the Adveco sales team through such tasks as sales and project analysis, organising and producing digital and print media, project case studies, organising promotional events, and liaising with internal staff and industry clients to achieve marketing goals.
The Adveco Marketing department is being introduced in response to needs of a rapidly developing industry. Candidates should anticipate a highly flexible position filled with opportunities to explore, learn, and develop new skills as the role grows.
The successful candidate will be working, and constantly in communication with, fellow internal staff across all departments. The position requires regular contact with clients, including customers and industry professionals, and will be directly answerable to the Managing Director.
Role & Responsibilities:
The successful candidate will be primarily tasked with:
- Analysing core customer, product, and market trends, for example investigating sales performance on different types of projects
- Presenting such information in simplified visual formats
- Researching and organising promotional opportunities to spread brand awareness
- Scheduling and producing content for print and digital publications
- Designing and managing content for the company website
- CRM system maintenance and development
- Liaising with internal and external contacts, including clients and industry professionals, to secure and complete marketing projects in a timely manner
- Maintaining an active online presence via social media and news articles
- Degree in Advertising, Marketing, Communications, or equivalent.
- Other relevant subjects such as Business, Graphic Design, English, Building Services and Engineering may be acceptable with evidence of additional marketing & communications proficiency
- Excellent spoken and written English ability is essential, with good interpersonal and communication skills
- Copywriting and/or content writing experience
- A confident, keen, and individually motivated person with a strong sense of initiative
- A creative, professional, and conscientious individual able to plan one’s own tasks effectively
- Competency with I.T. and common applications such as Microsoft Office. Experience with CRM systems and Adobe Creative Suite (or equivalent) is desirable
- A comfortable working knowledge of social media
- Graphic design and website design/management experience is a plus. Experience with content management systems and search engine optimisation will be beneficial
How to Apply
Interested candidates should submit their application, including CV and covering letter, to Jonathan Randles using the contact details provided above.