- Designed to recover waste heat from refrigerant systems typically used by restaurants and hotels.
- Works with both gas and electric systems.
- Reduces overall power demands for lower operational costs and reduced building emissions.
Heat Recovery Unit
Hot water and heating specialist Adveco, introduces the HR001, a standalone Heat Recovery Unit providing a convenient, packaged unit to recover refrigerant system waste heat. Perfect for restaurants and hotels, connecting between fridge and freezer condenser units and a hot water installation, the HR001 utilises the waste heat generated by the compressor.
Indirectly pre-heating the incoming mains within a hot water installation, it is capable of achieving temperatures as high as 50°C.
Each unit contains two independent heat recovery circuits, inclusive of plate heat exchangers, glycol pumps, a temperature differential controller, expansion vessel, pressure relief and isolation valves.
All components are pre-wired and installed within a grey IP rated housing with mounting brackets, allowing quick and straightforward installation. The HR001 connects directly to Adveco’s control panels for seamless integration into a water heating installation.
Bill Sinclair, technical director, Adveco, says of the new heat recovery unit:
“A comprehensive series of customer tests on the HROO1 comparing both gas and electric systems shows weekly heat recovery averaging at 155 kWh/wk per site. Customers therefore not only save money by recovering ‘free’ heat, but this saved energy means less overall power demands and reduced emissions across all sites.”
Heat Recovery Technical Information
- Dual Fridge and Freezer Heat Recovery Circuits
- Supply 230V/1ph/50Hz
- Capacity 3kW per circuit
- Full Load Current 0.5A
- Fluid 1 Refrigerant R404A
- Fluid 2 Tycofor L
- Safety Valve 6 bar
- Expansion Vessel 2L
- Protection IP55
- Weight 35kg
- Refrigerant Pipe Diameter (in) 1/2″
- Water Pipe Diameter (mm) 15mm
- Dimensions HxWxD (mm) 800 x 600 x 300